Kids love spy shows… Inspector Gadget, Carmen San Diego, Kim Possible, Special Agent P, Harriet the Spy, Spy Kids, The Incredibles. The list goes on. And the truth is, so do their parents with classics like James Bond and Mission Impossible.
The idea of being an undercover agent who goes on dangerous, but thrilling, missions will never go out of style. There is just something completely fascinating about it all.
So, how about taking your family on a mission of their own, at the International Spy Museum in Washington, D.C?
For more information, hop inside this post. And do it quick! Because, this message will self destruct in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…
Agents, you can report for duty at headquarters located at, 700 L’Enfant Plaza, SW Washington DC 20024.
You will be briefed on the 5th floor of the building.
Parents, it’s important to know that while all kids will love The International Spy Museum, it’s best suited for ages 7 and up. For anyone younger, an adult should accompany them on their mission.
Most of the fun will take place on the 5th floor, but some interactive exhibits can also be found on the 4th floor as well.
Here are your missions, should you choose to accept them:
- Learn how to mix and match your outfits like a spy would at Dress for Success and find your own get-up at the Disguise Center.
- Unscramble cryptic messages at Walsingham’s Secret Code.
- Try your hand at your own codes at the Codemaker.
- Do you Dare? See if you can solve mysteries without using your eyes and only using your hands.
- Piece together the perfect tool for any mission inside the Gadget Lab.
- Test your visualization and memory skills at Mind Games- Pay Attention.
- Push your physical endurance in the Air Duct Crawl, SpyCatcher, and Hangtime.
- Find out if you’ve got the chops for spy life when you Sneak into Berlin.
For more tips on which stops to hit, check this out.
View this post on Instagram
Spy Fest: A KidSpy Family Festival is back! Bring the family out on Friday, Jan. 31 (6-9PM) for a night of mini-missions, tradecraft demos by experts and a chance to try spy skill challenges. You'll also learn Ninja moves, fly a drone, pick a lock…and just maybe, meet real spies. *Ticket includes exclusive after-hours admission, scavenger hunt, and more! For access, visit spymuseum.org. 📷: @kaz_tography . . . . . . . . . . #internationalspymuseum #spymuseum #spy #spies #family #familyfun #spyfest #festival #museum #DC
If one day isn’t enough, the adventure doesn’t have to stop there. Kids ages 10-13, can spend a full week of camp during the summer and learn from real spies, stay for an action-packed overnight sleepover or even have a Top-Secret Birthday Party.
After your visit, find out how you stacked up against the rest by checking out your performance scores back on the 5th floor. And don’t forget to take home your undercover photos and your badge too! Those are neat keepsakes.