When it comes to Florida, you hear a lot about a handful of certain cities like St. Augustine, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, and the Keys. They are all fantastic cities to visit. But there are some other great cities you shouldn’t miss. Check out this quick guide to get you started.
Like many cities in Florida, Boca is known for its beaches, parks, and overall nice weather.
- Learn about Japanese history at the Moriakami Museum. Wander through peaceful gardens, join a tea ceremony, and eat traditional foods.
- Experience over 20,000 exotic butterflies inside of Butterfly Garden.
- Find out how you can adopt a sea turtle at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center.
- Go shopping at upscale shops inside the Town Center at Boca Raton.
- Play a round of golf at one of several nearby courses.
Cocoa beach is known for its beach and surfing. Also, it’s only about 10 minutes away from America’s famous spaceport, Cape Canaveral.
- Go fishing off the Westgate Cocoa Beach Pier.
- Conduct your own personal taste test at The Florida Key Lime Pie Company.
- Rewind time to the prehistoric ages at the Dinosaur Store.
- Pack a picnic and walk the boardwalk at Lori Wilson Park.
In addition to its beaches, Naples is known for its excellent shopping and dining experience.
- Explore Downtown Naples where you will be sure to find history, sports, arts, dining, and more.
- Shop ’til you drop on 5th Avenue South, located in the heart of Downtown.
- Wander around the serene, 170-acre Naples Botanical Garden.
- Take the whole family to say hello to the animals at Naples Zoo.
- Start a friendly game of volleyball on the beach at Lowdermilk Park.
Panama City is known for its clean beaches and outdoor adventure.
- Enjoy a little hiking, swimming, and camping at St. Andrews State Park.
- Mini-golf and football-field-sized mazes are waiting for you at Coconut Creek Family Fun Park.
- Make friends with the dolphins at Captain Anderson’s Marina.
- Roll down the windows and take a scenic drive on Florida 30A.
Sanibel Island is known for its shell beaches and wildlife refuges.