These at-home date night ideas are for couples who love to travel but are currently in between trips.
Cook at Home
If you guessed a home-cooked meal would be at the top of the date night list, you’re right! That’s because there is something undeniably sexy about cooking for, or with, your significant other.
Give your cooked meal a twist by adding a travel-theme. Where was your first trip as a couple or, where is someplace you’d love to visit but haven’t had the time to yet? Build your menu off of that. Pick a destination and find recipes to create drinks, appetizers, the main course, dessert, and more.
If you plan ahead of time, you could sign up for an online cooking class.
Around The World Taste Test
If you aren’t feeling up to a cooking challenge, you can still carry out a perfectly lovely travel theme with a little takeout. The added bonus is there won’t be any dishes to clean up afterward.
Make it an Italian night, or Greek or Japanese. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, you could even order appetizers and desserts from several different places and have an all-around-the-world taste test spread.
Travel Movie Night
Give your normal movie night a couple of different twists by setting up an outdoor theater under the stars and pretending you’re someplace else or, Googling some of the best travel-inspiring movies, new and old, for a travel movie marathon.
You’ve heard it said before, couples who play together, stay together. Get your hearts and minds racing with one of these team building ideas:
- Make it a series of date nights with a time-travel murder mystery box subscription.
- Sign up for an online dance class like salsa, tango, belly dancing, or line dancing.
- Awaken your imagination and embrace your inner nerd on a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. Travel to new lands and encounter mythical creatures along the way.
- Pull out the travel-edition board games, or create one of your own.
- Hop on a photo printing website and turn one of your favorite travel photos into a puzzle you can piece together.